Blogging behind beats-2009/2010.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Gems from sages of old

"He who is too busy to pray will be too busy to live a holy life. Satan had rather we let the grass grow on the path to our prayer chamber than anything else." E.M.Bounds

"True prayer is measured by weight,-not by length. A single groan before God may have more fullness of prayer in it than a fine oration of great length."
C. H. Spurgeon

"Example is more forcible than precept. People look at my six days in the week to see what I mean on the seventh."
Robert Cecil

"Men give advice; God gives guidance."
Leonard Ravenhill

"Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man to cease from prayer." John Bunyan

"...a man who kneels before God will stand before men." Leonard Ravenhill

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak." Allen E Vartlett

"he that is never on his knees on earth, shall never stand upon his feet in heaven." C. H. Spurgeon

"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work, prayer is the greater work."
Oswald Chambers

"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart." John Bunyan

"A sinning man stops praying, a praying man stops sinning." Leonard Ravenhill

"I live in the spirit of prayer; I pray as I walk, when I lie down and when I rise, and the answers are always coming." George Mueller

"No man - I don't care how colossal his intellect - No man is greater than his prayer life." - Leonard Ravenhill

"A holy life does not live in the closet, but it cannot live without the closet."
E. M. Bounds

"Prayer is not a hard requirement- it is the natural duty of a creature to its creator, the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality."
C. H. Spurgeon

"I invite you to bow your head and quietly whisper the prayer that will change your eternity: Jesus I believe in you and I receive you." Rick Warren